Gothersgade 128, 1353 København K
Phone: +45 35322222
Botanical Garden is located in the centre of Copenhagen. The garden covers an area of 10 hectares and is particularly noted for its extensive complex of historical glasshouses dating from 1874. The garden is open for the public.
The Botanical Garden was first established in 1600 but it was moved twice before it was ultimately given its current location in 1870.
The garden contains more than 13,000 species and is arranged in different sections including: Danish plants (600 species), perennial plants (1,100 species), annual plants (1,100 species), rock gardens with plants from mountaineous areas in Central and Southern Europe and Conifer Hill which is planted with coniferous trees.
The garden has 27 glasshouses. The most notable is the old Palm House from 1874 that is 16 metres tall and has narrow, cast-iron spiral stairs leading to a passageway at the top.
The garden also has a special air-conditioned greenhouse that can re-create environments suitable for Arctic plants.
The Botanical Garden also has a café, where you can order refreshments.
Guided tours can be arranged at mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
01 Apr 19 / 30 Sep 20
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun 08:30 - 18:00